Today was a big day for shopping and for Disney announcements! I started the day by going to Barnes & Noble. When my sister was in town, she was supposed to bring me the last book in the “5th Wave” series but she accidentally brought the wrong one (which should be no surprise to you if you know Lindsey) so I had to go out and buy it. I also found a cute Pixar story book for Maddox for his birthday. Bookstores are the best.
After Barnes & Noble, I headed to cast connections. I was just there but I wanted to see if they had anything new before I went to Disney Springs. Cast connections didn’t have much, but I ended up getting a couple little things.
After Cast Connections, I went to Disney Springs. I got an ornament personalized for my cousin for her engagement, a stuffed Chewbacca to add to Maddox’s birthday present, and three bath bombs from Basin. It is currently “Christmas in July” at Disney Springs so I need to go back sometime this week with Chrissy and get my picture with Santa in his bathing suit! I was too chicken to wait to meet him by myself.
Once I left Disney Springs, I headed to Target to get some groceries and things for the week and then I returned home. When I got back to the apartment there was an Amazon Prime package with my name on it waiting at the door, and to my surprise, my best friend Celeste sent me the funniest coffee mug. I feel so blessed that I can still remain close to my friends that are hundreds of miles away. Thanks Celeste! 🙂
In other news, the D23 convention is currently going on in California and lots of announcements have been made about things to come for Disney! If you don’t know, D23 is the official Disney fan club. If you want to read the article it is linked here, otherwise I’ll summarize it with my opinions below.
There a bunch of new things that are going to be added to the Disney parks within the next 5 years before WDW celebrates their 50th birthday! See descriptions and pictures below.
- Toy Story Land- I am so excited for Toy Story Land as Toy Story is my FAVORITE. It is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios next summer (2018). It includes two new rides Slinky Dog Dash (a rollercoaster) and Alien Swirling Saucers. It is currently being built in the Pixar area in Hollywood Studios right past Toy Story Mania.
- Star Wars Land- Star Wars Land, set to open in Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019, has now officially been named Galaxy’s Edge.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway- Sad news is The Great Movie Ride in the Chinese Theatre in Disney’s Hollywood Studios is officially closing on August 13th. Good news is a new ride called Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be replacing it and it sounds really neat. The ride takes place inside of a cartoon short featuring the Fab 5 and has the classic cartoon feel to it.
- Epcot Attractions- Epcot is going to be getting two new attractions in the next five years. The first is a Guardians of the Galaxy ride that will be in FutureWorld (so excited!) and the second is a Ratatouille attraction that will be added to the France pavilion which will be similar to the one currently in Disneyland Paris.
- Epcot Restaurant- Epcot is also getting a new full-service restaurant next to Mission: SPACE that will allow you to eat in the galaxy. The concept sketch looks incredible-I can’t wait to try it!
- Tron Attraction- Magic Kingdom is getting an expansion for a new Tron-themed roller coaster ride that will be added next to Space Mountain in Tomorrowland. It is based off of the current ride at Shanghai Disney. I guess I need to watch the movie now!
- Star Wars Resort- Make way for a new deluxe resort on property…Star Wars style. No opening dates have been released but a Star Wars themed resort is in the works for WDW property.
- Transportation- The Disney “Skyliner” and “Minnievans” will be added to WDW property to help get more people around property. The “Skyliner” is going to be a gondola system that will connect at the minimum Art of Animation, Pop Century, and Caribbean Beach resorts to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The Minnievans are adorable and will be like Disney-ubers from what I’ve heard.
- Main St. USA Theatre- Something exciting is coming to Main St. USA! A theatre based off of the Willis Wood Theatre from Kansas City (where Walt lived for some time) will be added the main drag allowing for more entertainment opportunities.
- Cruise Ships– It has been announced that Disney is currently adding three more cruise ships to their current 4-ship lineup. This will almost double their capacity for cruises.
- Disneyland Paris- Disneyland Paris is adding a new hotel called Disney’s Hotel New York- The Art of Marvel. Which is according to Bob Chapek going to “make Tony Stark proud”.
- West-Coast Changes- Disney’s California Adventure is going to be getting more Marvel themed rides (Spider-man and the Avengers) as well as Pixar Pier and Pixar Fest coming in 2018.