I’ve been on a mission to find products that are not only better for the environment but are also high quality and affordable. My sister stumbled across Who Gives a Crap and shared it with me and I can proudly say I have found my holy grail toilet paper.
Let me start with I never thought I’d get excited about purchasing toilet paper (nor did I think I’d be doing a photoshoot with it) but this brand has really WOW’d me.
I was intrigued when I found out that Who Gives a Crap was started because 2.3 billion people around the globe do not have access to a toilet. According to their website, “That’s roughly 40% of the global population and means that around 289,000 children under five die every year from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation. That’s almost 800 children per day, or one child every two minutes.”
Who Gives a Crap currently produces toilet paper, tissues, and paper towels. We ordered the 48 pack of the standard 3-ply jumbo roll toilet paper (for only $48 might I add) and it was delivered in a box directly to our front door. Thats right…no more lugging toilet paper from the cart to the car and in my case, up the stairs to my apartment.
I was a little worried the paper we were ordering was going to smell funny or feel like sandpaper, but was pleasantly surprised when I felt how soft it was! It feels like the Charmin (or the Great Value knock-off Charmin) I normally buy at Walmart. Below is a comparison of the thickness.
Why is this paper so great? There are numerous benefits of switching to this toilet paper!
- The paper is 100% recycled from books and office paper. No trees were killed, it uses less energy and water to produce, AND it is biodegradable.
- The toilet paper is plastic free (even all the packaging) and it is CUTE! Yes that is right, toilet paper can be cute. They are individually wrapped in fun patterns and they even send “emergency rolls” so you know when to re-order.
- It is shipped right to your door and orders over $25 ship for free!
- There are different options but we purchased 48 rolls for $48 (or 25 cents for 100 sheets). You can also subscribe and save $10!
- There are no inks, dyes or scents so it is a great option for those with sensitivities.
- My favorite benefit is that 50% of the profits are donated to help build toilets around the world. You can wipe your butt and feel like you’re helping the planet!
- They also offer a 100% money back guarantee so there is really no reason not to try it out.
After getting this first box I know I will be a long-time customer and I am very excited to try their tissues and paper towels as well. I wanted to spread the word because I think the mission of the company and the quality of their product is unmatched by anything else I have found on the market!
(Please note I am in no way compensated to write this post)